We also offer a comprehensive contract service to many international pharmaceutical and chemical companies operating their own animal testing but relying on external professional support to maximise efficiency or to meet scheduling demands.
All work is continually delivered to the highest quality standards, which is achieved by our rigorous in-house quality control programs and highly skilled, experienced technicians and pathologists.
We believe in partnerships with our customers, both internally and externally, which results in a personal, professional service from a team who understand the business and the science.
Performed by trained technicians in purpose built suites, necropsies are supervised by experienced pathologists in separate facilities for rodents and non-rodents. Data are entered directly onto a dedicated pathology system
A highly efficient laboratory with automated technology can handle over 500,000 tissues a year. Fully trained staff and intrinsic quality systems ensure the work is produced to the highest standard
- Specialised Procedures
- Frozen sectioning
- Serial sectioning
- Step sectioning
- Specialised embedding
- Morphometric analysis
- Cell proliferation assays
- Special stains
- Archive ready packaging of residual wet tissues
- Microscopic Evaluation
Sequani employs four toxicological pathologists with combined experience amounting to over 80 years. The qualifications of our pathologists are detailed below.
- 31 Years non clinical pathology experience, with particular expertise in neurological pathology, developmental pathology and special stains. BDS(Edin) DipRCPath (Tox) FRCPath
- 12 Years experience, with ophthalmology, male reproductive tract and mouse developmental expertise DVM MRCVS FRCPath
- 35 Years experience, with particular experience in upper and lower respiratory tract and in non rodent species PhD DipRCPath (Tox) FRCPath
- 14 years non clinical pathology experience, with particular expertise in pharmaceutical efficacy/safety, endocrinology, cardiology and oncology BVSc MRCVS DipRCPath FRCPath Dipl.ACVP
Statistical analysis is overseen by one of the leading UK experts in this field. Sequani pathologists have special expertise in respiratory, endocrine, cardiovascular, ocular and dermal pathology, carcinogenicity studies, transgenic mice, juvenile organ development and toxicity in the juvenile brain.
We have the expertise and equipment to provide extensive analysis of sperm morphology, motility and concentration in rats. We use the Hamilton Thorne TOX IVOS software to produce reports detailing percentage motility and a range of velocity parameters from live epididymal samples as well as concentration data from both epididymal samples and homogenisation resistant spermatids from the testis. In addition we perform a differential morphological analysis detailing any gross abnormalities.
Ovarian Follicle Counts
We can perform counts for naked oocytes and small and medium follicles in serial ovarian sections taken from the rat. This can be achieved using standard Haematoxylin and Eosin staining or using immunohistochemical staining for PCNA.
- Method feasibility
- Method validation
- Slide preparation and evaluation
- Peer Review